Landlords are legally required to carry out a gas safety inspection annually. This can be carried up to 2 months before it’s due date and still retain the anniversary date.
If you are buying or selling a property, or want to be sure of the safety of the gas appliances in your home, book your gas safety inspection today.
We can also issue automatic text and email reminders 1 month before the next inspection is due so that you do not forget.
What do we do on a gas safety inspection?
- Visual inspection of the gas installation, appliance(s) location, terminal, chimney/flue route/position and signs of incomplete combustion.
- Visual inspection of casings and combustion chamber and seals.
- Visual inspection of gas meter/emergency control valve for accessibility in an emergency, for maintenance and correct labeling.
- Testing of the appliance burner pressure or gas rate, or both where necessary.
- Combustion gas analysis where specified in the appliance manufacturer’s servicing and maintenance instructions.
- Inspect that ventilation is clear and sufficiently sized, etc.
- Conduct flue flow and spillage testing where appropriate for correct operation of flue.
- Check all flame supervision devices and/or other safety controls for correct operation.
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation of appliances.
- Tightness test of the installation.
- Issue an electronic copy of the inspection certificate.
- If any unsafe appliances are found they will be labelled AR (at risk) or ID(immediately dangerous), a warning notice will be issued and the appliance will be turned off or disconnected from the gas supply where appropriate.
Boiler only / boiler + hob/cooker (not including Aga)
Inspection time 30-45min – £60+VAT
Boiler + fire / boiler + fire + hob/cooker (not including Aga)
Inspection time 45-60min – £90+VAT